Summit Mining 14 Inch Pro Gold Trommel (*Local Pickup Only)
THIS PRODUCT IS AVAILABLE FOR LOCAL PICKUP ONLY! For Exceptions, Please Call Us.
- Durable, built to take a beating; literally, throw, dump, chunk, shovel rocks straight into the barrel without worry about breaking the hopper. This machine is built to LAST. Easily loaded into pickup truck by 1-2 people, weighs only 265 lbs.
- Portable, convenient handle at the end of rock chute allows for wheel barrel type mobility.
- Affordable, priced almost as low as some high-bankers on the market.
- ATV tow hitch included
- Inline water filter included
- Made in the USA
Out of stockPrint
HOW IT WORKS:
Material is placed into the hopper, where the first spray zone washes the material before entering the rotating drum. The second spray zone, inside the rotating drum, washes the material as it tumbles. The third spray zone, outside the rotating drum, keeps the drum clean and helps wash the material.This unique design ensures the material is washed from multiple angles as the drum rotates, allowing a five gallon bucket of material to be processed in 1-3 minutes.
As the material is washed and tumbled, the smaller pieces and dirt fall through the drum’s heavy steel screen into the funnel assembly. From there they are directed into the top end of the sluice and get washed through the riffles.The larger material still in the rotating drum, is tumbled and washed for the entire length of the drum and dropped out the end onto the trough.
Weight: 265 lbs.
Dimensions: 72″ long, 32″ wide (from wheel to wheel) and 44″ tall.
Rotating drum: 14″ diameter/ 48″ long.
Sluice box: 48″ long, 14″ wide, 4.5″ tall.
Small garden hose with nozzle may also be attached to aid with the cleanup process.
Gas 2.5 hp OHV horizontal engine.
Transmission: 3 speed belt to chain drive
Spray Bars: 1″ tubing with 1-1/4″ end and a bushing to bring it to 1-1/2″ to fit a standard lay flat hose.
1. Can I tow it behind my ATV?
Tow Bar comes standard on the 14″
2. Is it made with plastic?
The only plastic on the whole machine is inside the sluice box. The hopper is a recycled propane tank that can take a beating. The funnel leading into the sluice box is metal. The frame is metal. All to ensure to the trommel can withstand the elements of gold prospecting.
3. What else do I need?
Water pump and hoses. We recommend a 2” pump with a 5-6 HP gasoline engine capable of moving water at a rate of 145 gallons per minute (GPM) or more.
4. Does the trommel pump its own water?
It does not pump it’s own water, you need a water pump and the minimum recommendation is a 2” pump with a 5-6 HP gasoline engine capable of moving water at a rate of 145 gallons per minute (GPM) or more (180GPM to 220GPM is best).
5. How does the barrel work?
The barrel is floating on 4 rollers and is driven by chain.
6. Is the water going into the sluice all going through the trommel first or is there separate water supply?
All the water is either introduced in the hopper or the barrel to wash the rocks, it then travels back to the top of the funnel, and drops into the top of the sluice box. There is one water source/pump.
7. Does the machine recirculate water?
It does not, you have to have your own tubs or ponds to recirculate water.
THIS PRODUCT IS AVAILABLE FOR LOCAL PICKUP ONLY!